No matter what people think regarding marketing, the website is still your most important digital asset when it comes to branding and marketing. As it is important to have protocols, Google also have set of protocols called as Google rules.
To have website is not important, but to have your website on google search index is most important. Google is free and easy to use. It automatically find and add your website to Google index. Actually, Google use “web crawlers” software that use to detect new websites on regular basis. No need to add your site manually.
How to find, if your website is on Google ?
To find, if your website is included in Google’s index. Just follow simple steps.
1. Open google website.
2. Write your website URL in search box, for example : site:website.com
3. Find, if search engine show your website
Reasons: your website not listed on Google
1. Bad design of website.
2. Google find difficult to crawl website content effectively.
3. Google might be taking long time to crawl your site.
4. Website not connected properly with other sites.
5. Errors in website.
We know, how powerful Google search engine is, though sometime it miss website to crawl and index it because of above reasons.
To include Website in Google index: Google Guideliness must be follow to build website.
1. All pages on website must be have link to be reached from another page. Link must be available from images, text or alt attribute.
2. Must have proper sitemap file (sitemap.xml format). In this page mention all the links of website important pages.
3. Your web server must support HTTP header (If-Modified-Since). This helps to tell Google if content has changed on your website since Google last crawled.
4. Include robots.txt, if crawling your content is effecting bandwidth of your server. Include such pages in robots.txt, which you dont want to crawl.
5. Content on your website, must be clear and very accurate.
6. Include keywords in your content that you think users can use such keywords in search engine.
7. <title> elements must be informative and specific.
8. Prepare proper structured data
10. Website must be responsive
11. All links on website must be live.
12. Check page loading time, fast website like by users.
13. Content on website must be readable, images must be clear.
14. Make unique and engaging website, make sure content must be informative and attract users.