The web is a unique environment which is constantly changing and evolving, and with that in mind, here we run down what we believe are 5 of the most important trends to monitor over the next few months.
Trend #1: Longer, Larger and Horizontal
- Have wider horizontal rows, preferring horizontal layout rather than conventional vertical columns will give your website a better and easy-to-surf look.
- Almost 73% of people searching online are using their mobile devices. Therefore, use Large Having larger font will make the users read contentedly.
- Thus, wider horizontal rows and large fonts are the key points to notably kept in mind.
Trend #2: Color
- Color is making a classic comeback. Make your website colorful and fun. Prefer colors over white spaces.
- Adding different colors to various blocks gives a stylish professional look to your website. Gone are the days when it is used to look cartoony or gaudy!
- Have brilliant colors in your logo, post amazing colorful photos which is very fascinating to the users and they want to keep on surfing your site!
Trend #3: Responsive Over Mobile Ready
- Mobilegeddon has rolled out! It is a Google’s algorithm update. Your site can no longer be pinch in pinch out.
- Mobile sites have started to veer out and it is a must that they must be responsive. It should fit all-tier phones.
- You may have two separate sites, one is the main site and the other is mobile site.
Trend #4: Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
- A shift that is observed nowadays is that sites are focusing more on mobile.
- AMP is the new buzz word; it simply means to have fast web pages, to have beautiful parallax (the site rolls over the image) or little movement on the page.
- Make AMP your first priority, it is definitely the most trending shift today!
Trend #5: Engage Your Customer
- Your website cannot be so much static, if possible. Make the users want to visit again and again.
- Keep them updated with blogs, post relative news regularly, have your own unique
- The best thing you can do to increase the interactivity or engaging and connecting with the customers is keep some provision for them to upload, again, if suitable to your site.
- For example, if it is some resort site, you can keep one block where customers can upload their pictures and share their experience of the stay at the resort.
- Social networking too definitely needs to be a part of it.
Short and Quick tips:
- If you want to have a video on your website, upload it on YouTube or Vimeo first and then embed it on the site. You get the benefit of faster download and the storage saved on your server space for hosting.
- If you have a large site, with lot of menu options, prefer Mega Menu. It is a large panel of content displayed below a menu item when the user clicks over every menu item. This gives excellent user experience.