What is SEO?
SEO: – Search Engine Optimization is a knowledge area, which should be mastered if one wants to optimize their website and increase their website’s preference on search results.
It’s not a rule book of 10-15 rules, which when followed will lead to perfect ranking on search engines. It’s a vast technology which is upgrading its trend and rules every now and then.
To know more about SEO and it working, you can go through our blog “Search Engine Optimization, A persistent effort towards the top”.
We can divide SEO into 2 parts On-Page & Off Page SEO. Though both are complementary to each other. We will discuss them below in depth.
On-Page SEO works on two areas of your website.
- The Web Content
- The HTML Code associated with the web-pages of your web content.
These two areas should be kept in the most optimized condition to attract more traffic to your website.
Factors affecting On-page SEO and How.
- Tags, Titles and Keywords:
- Your content should not be boring textual thesis. This will make the user losing interest in your site. Moreover, no proper structure will adversely affect your website ranking
- Divide your content in proper structure.
- The heading:- Which describes what the content is about. Should be preferably written in h1 tag to attract search engines’ attention.
- The title:- A brief description about the content and how it is beneficial. Nutshell is all people want nowadays. So be very tiny yet convincing.
- The Tags:- Tags of HTML source code plays an important role in searching the answer of the query. Heading in <h1> tag title in <title> tag will help you organize the page and will help the search engine to find content and its description easily.
- Keywords: –Now, we know that Headings Title and their proper tagging is very important. But next question arises is what should be written in those tags. No, one will simply open your website. Unless they find the proper content matching their requirements. Thus, use proper keywords to explain your webpage. You can take help of Google Adwords keyword planner to know synonyms of the words you are using which are more trending for better optimization.
- When a reader or viewer arrives at your website, the very first page they see is known as the landing page. It may have many content on it for different viewers and readers. The viewers are not going to read the entire content, they will simply scan it and will try to find answers for their question.
- So subheadings is very important to make your viewers land on the exact place they are searching for, at the same time you are using same page for different kind of users this add good user experience and usability to your page.
- Use tags of heading from h2 to h6, for various levels of subheading.
- URL Strings
- Keep your URL short and concise. Don’t create linear folders, keep as less backslashes as possible. And separate each word with a hyphen rather than an underscore.
- This all will help in improving the rank of your website.
- Internal Links and Outbound Links
- Internal Links to other pages of your website, can help you keep your material threaded online. Moreover, it adds good user experience.
- Outbound Links here means a link which takes to the page which is not on your website.
- In either internal or outbound linking, the profit is that search engines don’t have to crawl the entire content to find some new, only by looking at already visited or crawled link/s the engine saves the updates and helps increase your rank.
- You can take help of backlinko, to have a better link building campaign.
- Optimized Images
- Images attract more viewers that we all know. But, what if it could help in better optimization of your web-page. You can optimize your page by adding unique yet meaningful title to your image and you can add your targeted keyword as the value of “alt” attribute.
- This will help in creating powerful visual impact and at the same time in background it will also help you to contribute towards more optimization of the page.
After you are done from your side you can always check the optimization level of each page of your website on “Yoast SEO plugin” on wordpress, it will analyze your web pages and will notify you if some corrections are to be done.
- Where On-Page focuses primarily on web and html content, unlike it Off-Page SEO is all about gaining trusts from other websites in form of backlinks we get to our web-page.
- It is quite impossible for search engine to determine your websites worth unless no one is giving you backlinks. No matter how useful, in-depth your content is.
- Below are several tactics and techniques which could be used for better link building.
- Give links to the important relevant pages of your website on other pages. This will firstly increase user experience. Secondly, it will tell the search engine which pages are linked (hence, they will get priority over other pages of the website).
- Moreover, you can use SILO Silo pages help to connect with your category pages and other supporting pages to your website. So when you give link back to home page, the advantage of OFF-Page SEO passes through all the category and supporting pages and improves the search performance.
- You should avoid in fact eradicate all standalone webpages, from your website. All webpages should be interlinked for good navigation and to increase search results.
- Apart from linking webpages with homepage, you can also approach to already well linked websites.
- For, this you need to find out the best linked sites related to your website domain and you can give the link of your SEO landing page there. As these websites have more traffic of course the part of huge benefit will fall in your part also.
- Moreover, you can upgrade your ranking by interlinking all the landing pages. As compared to other pages your landing pages will always attract more traffic, so why not take advantage of it.
At, the end before ending this article I would strongly like to remind you that SEO is a very rapidly changing technology, as search engines are getting smarter, their way of optimization are changing too. So, always be aware of search engines latest algorithms and their working. Find out, what differs from the previous algorithm and optimize your web site accordingly.
The mission of a famous search engine “Google” is: At, the end of the day, a site owner should not ask “How many visitors viewed us today? “Instead, they should ask “How many visitors got help from us today.”
Thanks! For reading this article, hope this was helpful to you. To know more about SEO, read our next article “Advance SEO Guide for 2017”.