It is a most common battle an entrepreneur has to face – how to divide time between business and family? On one side when an entrepreneur wants to take his/her business to another level at the same time family expect more time from that strong person. We often leave our family behind while chasing success but at the end we don’t have anybody left with us to share that stardom.
Running your own business is the challenge for you, but this challenge becomes harder when you have a family and to split your time between business and family but one should understand that after all you are working for your family. If they are happy then only you can achieve what you want you.
So, here, I will be giving you some tips to manage your business and family together and give equal time for both. Business is most important to become successful in our life, but as far as my experience says family is indispensible and an important part of our life. Sometimes, a whole family depends on one person and then it increases the responsibility of that person to manage both.
If I take my example I am a person who owns a website named www.richibuzz.com and working as freelancer too. So there is very less time left for the family but I strictly made my routine and giving you tips from my experience.
We are writing about some important ways you can be successful in business and at your home.
- Create your Schedule: Making the time schedule for your business and family is the good decision. You plan out each day or each week, keeping a timetable is important. You can physically write out what time you will spend with your family and what time you will devote to your business. Both your mental health and your family will thank you.
- Keep your phone aside: I know there can be an important call or message for which you must be waiting since morning but when you are maintaining a schedule then follow that strictly. Using your phone during your family time can spoil your relations. It is essential to make difference between work and family time to balance our life. Family time means to put your work down and give full time to your family and loved ones. When work invades the home life, both sides suffer. So just keep your phone aside and enjoy.
- Keep your stress management low: Too much stress will impact your mental health, so it is important to keep our mind free from stress and spend your time with your family. Make sure that your business stress cannot impact on your family time because too much stress means anger. Sometimes our stress creates too much anger and this anger will impact on our family member also. Don’t do any act after which you will be cursing yourself. I know it happens but one need to understand that they are two separate things anxiety occurring from one can’t be thrown out on other.
- Communication: Communicating with business and with your family is the only way to build a solid foundation. Today, we have the latest technology by which we can communicate with our family members anytime even we are very far from them. So, communicating with our family members and relatives will never impact on our relationships with family members.
- We have to be Logical in all situations, Not Emotional: It is often difficult to be objective when you are dealing with family. Feelings are hurt easily, and it is a common reaction to get defensive instead of taking the time to look at the issue from a logical perspective. Before you make a decision or comment, try asking yourself, “How would I handle this situation if I were dealing with a non-family member.” Ask yourself that same question every time you need to make a decision regarding a family member. The goal is to train your mind to be more logical when dealing with emotional situations. Be sure to clearly explain your decision to your family member as you would to a non-family member
- Take family along on business trips: If you are in a business which needs lot of your travelling time because of which you can’t maintain a proper schedule. Here I am having a solution for you. You should take your family on business tours and convert those tours into vacations for them. By this you people can spend time together. I am not saying to take them always with you obviously kids do have their classes, elderly people can’t travel so often even they can’t come along with you every time but at least once or twice a year.
RELATED: Manage Your Work, Manage Your Life
If we are not providing sufficient time to our family than we have stress form out family side due to which we cannot focus on our business too. You can also train an employee from your staff to be your second opinion who can manage your business in your absence.
So these are the important tips you can follow in your hectic life to manage your time between your business and family members. I hope by my this article I am able to help you out.
Family works like a backbone of any entrepreneur and I am blessed with a supporting family. Thank God.