Gone are the days where you can ignore the internet and flourish your business on high scale. The world is getting smaller and boundaries of countries and continents are diminishing- They say it Globalization.
So to get recognized locally, nationally or internationally, marketing through Digital channels are necessary. It’s a new emerging marketing field and with advancement in technologies, this marketing style will enhance and will spread widely.
What is Digital Marketing?
With advancement in technologies, people have shifted their social get together online. People on average spend 30-40% of their time on internet everyday. The credit goes to all social media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc. Meanwhile, commercial business hav also shifted to e-commerce as it’s beneficial to dealers as well customers. Thus, people started online shopping.
Later, all small big business like restaurants, pharmacy, gymnasium etc came on internet to promote themselves. The competition raised and today even if you want to be seen by the users on internet a rigorous marketing skill set and proper tools are needed.
Digital Marketing is a very vast area for marketing. It has many types.Today we will see various tools needed in various areas of Digital Marketing.
Tools for Different Types of Digital Marketing
Organic Social Media
- Any marketing strategy that succeeds because of it’s good ranking among various search engines or popularity among the viewers is known as organic marketing. This type of web pages or post on social media has audience gathering potential and thus gets maximum engagements.
- Various social media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter has million of users active daily, so approaching right public according to the business demand in such a huge crowd is a part of Organic Marketing.
- Tools: –
- Sproutsocial – An online Social Media Marketing tool, which helps business brands to hold their current customers and make some new engagements.
- Wyng: – An engagement marketing platform, with a focus on engagements with user contents, hashtag marketing, referral programs, quizzing, contest etc.
Paid Social Media
- Where the marketer has to pay, to get on top of searches made on search engines etc.
- Tools: –
- Nanigans: – A multichannel advertising software, with emphasis of facebook marketing. It has access to FBX(Facebook Exchange) for targeting correct audience and plenty of other tools that makes targeting more efficient. E-Bay, Jackthreads and Zynga uses Nagina
- EMail Marketing is the oldest yet quite promising way of promoting your business online. Unlike other messengers E-mail is not used merely for chatting, rather nowadays any important letter or documents are shared on Email. So people generally check their mails to find something important. So, we can use it for online marketing.
- Tools: –
- Mailchimp: – A widely used tool. Provides many themes and domain oriented campaign plan, which helps each business to tailor the mail according to their business. Some freemium plan makes it easier for some of the beginners.
- Emma: – Emma is an abbreviation for email marketing it has all the required tools and a good customer service. It helps in creating a good marketing campaign and in its testing.
- Marketo: – If you have previously used any other email marketing tool and want to have advancement in email marketing then you can use Marketo, Email marketing is just a part of marketo, it also helps in attaching email marketing campaign along with your automated marketing campaign.
- There are viewers who visit the site mostly an e-commerce site, wander on their webpages, view the stocks and things they are interested in and leave the page. Marketing starts when they start receiving advertisements from those sites regarding the stuff they were interested in. Though this seems irritating to some, but actually it helps in getting new customers and or at least getting the leads. This type of marketing is known as Retargeting MArketing.
- Tools: –
- AdRoll :- Boosting a customer base on 20,00 brands, AdRoll is a very widely used retargeting tool.It is a self service platform but you can see for help on their platform if you want.
- ReTargeter: – Uses Site Retargeting, Search Retargeting and Dynamic Retargeting. You can pass all your campaigns to an account team to run a retargeting for you.
- Chango: – You can share your retargeting content all with audience intent data. Chango doe the rest.
- Video has more potential to keep viewers on site for longer time, it is a less time consuming yet impressive way to pass on the business message. Thus a video get good engagements on various social media and on search engine.
- Tools: –
- Wistia: – A very amazing and powerful platform for the business who wants to host, customize and share videos on different social media platform. Plus it provides an additional feature to add customize CTAs at the end of each video. Which helps in redirecting the interested traffic directly to desired link.
- Vimeo: – Avery trusted platform to host high quality video without any ads. The main motive of the company is that everyone should be able to host their video without much hassle.
- Though many platform provide with their own performance analytics. Like SproutSocial has its own analytics for analysing the performance of the post shared on social media. You should keep an eye on the performance of your web site.
- Tools: –
- Google Analytics: -Advance Analytics system which analysis various aspects like area of improvement, visitors visiting your website, how they reach to your sales funnels and what they do on your website in real time.
- Adobe Analytics: – Provides an enterprise-level analytics on website data and performance. It provides customer analysis and predictive intelligence which helps to perform and respond to the customers in real time.
- Almost every company spend huge amount of their time in SEO, while marketing online. This is because SEO is a very impactful technology which can improve your rank on search engines if implemented correctly.
- Tools: –
- MOZ: – Moz offers to key products Moz Pro and Moz Local. Moz Pro helps with classic SEO practices. While, MOZ Local helps in improving local SEO listing.
- SEMRush:- Has many tools which can be helpful in both paid and organic page ranking. Moreover, it also keep tracks of your competitors. You can get the backlinks of your competitors moreover you can see fluctuation in their ranking and can have competitive analysis.
Though there are many, many many more tools for various minutest things which can boost your performance in Digital Marketing. I find the above ones most important and reliable in order to create an decent Digital Marketing Campaign.